Saturday, June 7, 2008

50 lbs. My suitcase can only weigh 50 lbs!!!

I have a huge problem. My suitcase is 15 pounds over weight. What do I take out? I start with the umbrella. It is the rainy season, but I can always buy one. Next take out full size shower gel, shampoo, conditioner. Twelve ounce bottles add up fast. I will only pack travel sizes and try to estimate how much I will need for 19 days. Next clothes! I need to reduce the number of outfits. I narrow it down to basics I can wear multiple times. Black pants are in on this trip!

I stuffed more into my carry on. It is really full. That could be a problem at the airport.

Finally my suitcase is just at 50 pounds by my scales. I hope it will be ok on the airport scale.

Tomorrow is the day. Good byes will be said tonight. I leave for the airport at 2:30 a.m. We want to make sure we have plenty of time.

I am so excited and now getting a little nervous. I am heading into an unknown adventure. What experiences are ahead?

No comments: