Friday, June 27, 2008

Home!

Today was another travel day, this time we are going home. It took me forever to pack. And saying good bye was even harder today. My flight was the last to leave the hotel, so we sat in the lobby and watched everyone leave. It was a sad day.

When we arrived at the airport, security was preparing equipment by a truck. I snuck a quick picture because the look so official. My friends worried I would get in trouble.

The flight from Narita to Chicago was long, over 10 hours. We left Japan on June 26th at 6:30 p.m. We arrived in Chicago on June 26th at 3:30 p.m. I slept, watched movies, and slept some more. Customs in Chicago was frustrating because the employees were so rude. After being treated so kindly in Japan when going through immigration, it was quite a shock to experience customs in the U.S.

My flight to Cedar Rapids was delayed 2 hours. It was so nice to finally get on the plane and take off. The flight took 40 minutes. I dozed through most of it. After landing it was a 1 ½ hour ride home. Home, it was really nice to be home! Weird to be home, but nice to be home and already missing my new friends.

1 comment:

Mrs. Kelly said...

It is always good to be home, but I am ready to go back!